Patton’s Stretch Yarn Yoga Socks ~ Free Knitting Pattern
This was the first ‘sock type’ thing I ever knit and more importantly the first pattern I ever attempted to type up and make available. If you find something that isn’t quite right or does not make sense please let me know as it is very likely you are a more experienced knitter than I.
If you are a complete beginner but think you might want to knit socks someday this could be a great intro to tiny needles and stretch yarn.
So here is my go at the pattern:
Approx 1/2 skein Pattons Stretch Sock for the pair
Us size 3 DPN’s (if you prefer using two circulars or magic loop that method should work fine)
My gauge is 14 stitches, 18 rows= 2″
Cast on 52 ( I used a cabled cast)
- P1, K1 ribbing in the round for 2″ (approx 16 rows)
- Knit 1″ (approx 11 rows) ( I used stockingnet stitch but you could do any pattern you prefer for this area)
- 5 rows 1×1 rib
- Cable bind off the first 26 stitches, continue ribbing across remaining (26)stitches
- Cable cast on another 26 stitches and proceed with 1×1 rib for 5 more rows
- Decrease 6 stitches evenly around (46 stitches)
- Knit for 3″ ( I used stockingnet stitch but you could do any pattern you prefer for this area)
- Change to 1×1 ribbing for 5 rows
- Cable cast off and weave in any ends
- Repeat for second sock.
If you make these please let me know, I’d love to see a pic.